Rules & Regulations
- The International Ballet Grand Prix (IBGP) is open to dancers of all nationalities, ages 7 to 21.
- A candidate’s age is determined as of 31st Dec of the competition year.
- Professional dancers are not permitted to compete in this competition. Professional dancers are defined as persons who are currently, or has been, employed as a full-time dancer (apprentices included) with a professional dance company.
- Candidates may enter representing a school or as an independent student without school affiliation.
- Each candidate may only be admitted once for the competition in the appropriate category in the same genre. They may be admitted in 2 different genres. Candidate must not be entered in two (2) different age categories in the same genre.
|Category||Age (as of 31st Dec of the competition year)||Genre|
|Junior 1||7 – 8||Ballet|
|Junior 2||9 – 10||Ballet|
|Youth 1||11 – 12||Ballet and/or Contemporary|
|Youth 2||13 – 14 * pointe optional for ballet||Ballet and/or Contemporary|
|Youth 3||15 – 16 * pointe shoes compulsory for ballet||Ballet and/or Contemporary|
|Senior 1||17 – 18 * pointe shoes compulsory for ballet||Ballet and/or Contemporary|
|Senior 2||19 – 21 * pointe shoes compulsory for ballet||Ballet and/or Contemporary|
- IBGP reserves the right to deny any registration at its discretion.
- Applicants will be disqualified should there be any false information filled in the entry forms.
- Entries are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Registrations will close when the competition has reached its maximum capacity, or by the closing date of the country, whichever comes first.
- Late entries will incur an administrative fee of $80.
- All changes of registered information, including variation selection, must be received no later than six weeks prior to the competition.
- Change of registered information will incur an administrative fee of $80 and may not be reflected in the competition program booklet.
- Registration is only confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Please check the specific country for the registration fees with the link below！
- Qualifying finalists will have an additional S$100 to be made during the finals. (Physical only)
The competition registration fee includes:
- Competition entry (Semi-finals)
- only 1 round for IBGP online competition
- 1 Competitor Class ( IBGP online competition excluded)
- All registration and final fees are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- All amounts are quoted and payable in Singapore dollars only.
- Ballet candidates must perform a variation from the Classical Variation List.
- Ballet candidates in the Youth 2 category may choose to perform in pointe shoes or soft ballet shoes. There will be no additional marks awarded for candidates who perform in pointe shoes. IBGP encourages all candidates to practise safe and correct technique if performing in pointe shoes.
- Ballet candidates in the Senior 1 and Senior 2 category are required to perform in pointe shoes.
- For all Classical variations, slight modification and/or simplification of the original choreography are allowed.
- If significant changes are made to a classical variation, this may result in point deduction or disqualification.
- For Contemporary candidates, the time limit for the dance is 2.5 minutes.
- Contemporary candidates must exhibit strong contemporary technique.
- Details of the Videography Guidelines will be provided after registration. ( For online competition)
This applies for both physical and online competition
- Competitors are to perform their solo variation in costumes for both Ballet and Contemporary segments.
- Attire for Competitor class
- Female: Single-coloured sleeveless leotard, pink tights, soft ballet shoes/barefoot/foot thongs for solo.
- Male: Single-coloured fitted singlet, single-coloured footed tights, soft ballet shoes in same colour as tights/barefoot/foot thongs.
- The jury is comprised of both male and female judges.
- The final score for each candidate is the average of scores given by the jury.
- A jury member who is associated with any candidate or school will be exempted from giving marks to the candidate(s).
- The jury’s decision on all prizes and scholarships awarded is final and irrevocable.
- The jury reserves the right to offer any award or scholarship based on the suitability of the candidate.
- Candidates who are unable to attend the physical competition awards ceremony will be issued your e-cert to your email address provided during registration.
Please check the specific country for the competition venue with the links below!
- Viewing of the competition from the auditorium requires a theatre admission ticket. This applies to all candidates, teachers and/or other accompanying persons.
- There is strictly no entry to the auditorium while the competition is in progress, entry to the auditorium is only allowed at predetermined intervals.
- Only candidates are allowed to enter the backstage area.
- The above are subjected to Covid-19 situation and local Government safe measurement guidelines.
- IBGP reserves the right to take photographs and videos at any time throughout the competition. This includes, but is not limited to, master classes, rehearsals or performances during the competition, or any activities in the competition arena.
- IBGP owns the right to all photographs and videos taken throughout the course of the competition.
- Candidates or their parents/legal guardians give their permission for IBGP, their sponsors and/or authorized third parties to use such photographs and videos for promotional and commercial purposes.
- Photography and video recording by the audience are strictly not permitted.
- Candidates agree to indemnify IBGP from any legal action and/or cost resulting from any physical injury, illness or damage, and mental stress sustained during any activity related to the competition.
- IBGP reserves the right to make amendments to the IBGP Rules and Regulations without prior notice.
- Failure to comply with the IBGP Rules and Regulations will lead to disqualification.
- Registration constitutes acceptance of the IBGP Rules and Regulations.